Saturday, September 3, 2016

While based in Richmond surrounded by the beautiful snow capped mountains I began designing and making with one of my favourite jewellery techniques: keum boo.  Keum boo is the ancient Asian technique of combining gold and silver.  To do this I use fine silver and 24k gold foil.  They two pure metals are joined with a combination of heat and pressure.  It is believed that wearing and using pure metals is good for us and I'm inclined to agree as I always feel wonderful when wearing something like this.

Take a look and tell me what you think.  You can see more on my website www.figleafdesign.co.nz.

Keum boo square earrings and pendant. These look stunning on together or on their own with simple silver or gold earrings or a chain.  The beauty of the combined metals is that you can match them with either silver or gold complementary jewellery.

The fine silver surround or the earrings and pendant is textured with a very fine stippled effect which looks almost like diamond dust.




Keum Boo and silver daisy earrings. I love these.  They are a design you can wear at any age and at any time of the day.  Great with a short haircut or peeping through long tresses.  Again, because of the combine silver and gold these will look great worn with either a silver or a gold chain.



No comments:

Post a Comment