Saturday, September 3, 2016

As of October 2015 Fig Leaf Design Studio turned "mobile" as I am between houses and have had to set myself up so that I can still function from wherever I may be. 

Some of the time I am based at my apartment at Onetangi Beach on the beautiful island of Waiheke...just a 35 minute ferry trip from Auckland. When I'm here I like to start my day with
a walk on the beach with Charlie, my silky terrier.  It's a good time to clear my head and plan my day ahead. 
 
When I'm not here my apartment is available for rent through AirBnb. You can find my listing under The Sands Beachfront Apartment, Onetangi, Waiheke Island.







"Onetangi" meaning "weeping sands" is a beautiful beach, about 1.8 km long, great for walking, swimming and you even see horse riders.  Another popular sight at this beach are Sea Legs boats which are able to be driven down the road by their owners, on to the beach and straight out to sea where their wheels tuck neatly away.


On one of my earliest housesits in Kaukapakapa, north of Auckland, I was introduced to a local carpenter who kindly and very cleverly made my foldaway workbench which now travels with me in my car until the next stop when it is unpacked an set up again ready for work.





Early in June this year I load my car with my jewellery tools, foldaway bench and Charlie and made the long drive to one of the most beautiful spots in New Zealand.  I was based near Mapua, about halfway between Richmond and Motueka near the top of the South Island.  It was the first time in ages that I was able to set myself up properly and get back to work.  The view of snow capped mountains which surrounded me on my morning walks was a wonderful inspiration.  


No comments:

Post a Comment